Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drama of Motherhood

So today was not a very good day. Sad thing - it should have been a great day. It is Cole's third birthday and I was all excited about his party. Ayden, on the other hand, had other plans. We had issues this morning with his present. We had a Cars bag all prepared for his present, but when the time came to wrap it, the bag was no where to be found. (Good thing I guess - he had two other presents in the same bag) Then I realized the tool set I got him for his birthday didn't have a tool box. And of course a tool set can not have a tool box. So off to Wal-Mart Ayden and I go on the hunt for a tool box. After searching the toy isle for what seemed like eternity, I gave up and bought a Rubbermaid storage box with handles. I thought it was pretty clever, but Cole's dad had to keep pointing out I put his tools in Tupperware. The cuts all over my arm from tearing the tools out of their plastic packaging doesn't feel to hot, either.

So everything is going swell at the party until time for cake. Ayden then decides to through a wild eyed fit. I took him to Jennifer's bedroom to try to get him to go to sleep since he had only slept about 10 minutes the whole time he had been awake. Every time I thought I had him asleep, he would start screaming again. And I don't mean he was fussy crying. He was all out screaming. I couldn't figure out what was bothering him since he had just finished a bottle and I had just changed him. I finally got super frustrated and took him home where he continued to scream for another 45 mins to an hour at which point he fell asleep for a whopping 45 minutes. He did wake up in better spirits, however. He finally went back to sleep for about 3 hours and when he woke up, he was super gassy. I then realized he didn't burp very well the night before during his last bottle because we were at Cheddar's and it is difficult to burp a baby in a booth. So, the secret was out - poor guys was just gassy.

On to more pleasant news - I have a few pictures of his Thanksgiving outfit to post. He actually wore this yesterday, but he leaked out of his diaper during his morning nap and didn't get to wear it out of the house. He looked so cute, too!





The wet spot on the sheet is not pee, either - it's drool! He leaves a huge puddle every time he naps. He doesn't really have to be there long before the lake forms.

Tonight while Kendall was feeding him he decided to hold his bottle on his own. He has been trying to help for quite some time, but every time we take our hand away it would just fall out of his mouth. Well, he decided to be a big boy tonight and hold it himself. Once he saw me, he turned his head and the bottle came out of his mouth.



No comments: